|Early Registration||Late Registration|
|Full – Standard||440.00||470.00|
|Full – Postgraduate||220.00||250.00|
|Day – Standard||245.00||245.00|
|Day – Postgraduate||110.00||110.00|
*Please note that the Full conference registration includes free attendance at the Keynote speaker drinks reception, Wednesday July 5th. All figures in AUD.
A principal objective of the OCIS conference is to bring together the broad community of International Relations scholars in the Oceanic region, to refresh old associations and seek new networks of communication and collaboration. To this end, the OCIS2023 organizing committee is continuing the best traditions of the conference by offering an OCIS postgraduate bursary, which is designed to cover a proportion of the costs of transport, accommodation and registration associated with conference attendance.
• For the purposes of the bursary, postgraduate students are defined as students who are enrolled, part-time or full-time, in a higher degree research thesis at a university in the Oceanic region, understood as Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. ‘Local’ postgraduate students (defined as postgraduate students enrolled in a university in the Australian state of Victoria) are not eligible to apply.
• Only postgraduate students who have had their paper proposals accepted by the Organizing Committee can apply.
• Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of need. Applicants should write a one page letter, addressed to the OCIS2023 Organising Committee, explaining their need for financial assistance to attend the conference. This letter should detail the expected transport, accommodation and registration expenses associated with attending the conference, the level of support they will receive from their home institution and the shortfall. All applications should be accompanied by a supporting letter from their principal supervisor.
• Bursary applications must be submitted by April 7 2023. Applicants will be notified by April 28 2023. When a bursary is granted it will be payable only after the original receipts are sent to the above email address after the conference. No advance payments can be made. Receipts must be submitted no later than four weeks from the end date of the conference.
• Students based in South Australia, Tasmania, NSW and the ACT will be eligible for a maximum of $400 support; those based in Queensland a maximum of $500 support; those based in Western Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific a maximum of $800 support will be allocated. These are the maximum amounts that may be paid, and the actual amount paid may be lower and will depend upon the total number of applicants and the receipts presented by the awardee.
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org