Oceania Graduate Paper Prize for International Studies
The ‘Oceania Graduate Paper Prize for International Studies’ will be awarded to the best graduate paper on international studies, broadly conceived, scheduled for presentation at the 10th Oceanic Conference on International Studies 2023.
DEADLINE: 1 JUNE 2023
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The Prize will be open to papers that satisfy the following criteria:
• Are scheduled for presentation at this year’s OCIS conference.
• Have at least one graduate student co-author.
In selecting the prize winner, the Prize Committee will consider the following criteria:
• Social and scholarly significance of the research findings;
• Theoretical or methodological originality and innovation; &
• Technical excellence in conduct and presentation of research.
The winner will be invited to attend OCIS 2023 and receive a monetary award of AU$500. Conference registration fee will be waived, however travel and accommodation will not be covered.
By the application deadline of June 1 2023, email the following to the Chair of the Prize Selection Committee, Terry Macdonald, at email@example.com:
- A copy of the paper, with applicant surname included in file name;
- An application cover letter in a word document (1 page maximum), with applicant surname included in file name, stating:
a. Name of the nominee;
b. Details of graduate student candidature (institution, programme, and year of candidature);
c. Graduate student author’s contribution to the
paper (expressed as a % value, with some detail about the nature of the contribution if less than 100%).